Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Updates in Tainan

Dear all,

Yes! I am finally able to email all of you now and update my well being. Well, have been in Tainan for 3 days. These 3 days seem to be very looooooooooong for me. On my 1st day, I was alone. At 1st, I thought there will be someone to guide me and show me the way, but that's not the case. No one helped me at all, I have walk all the way to buy the necessities (including
mattress) on my own.

Even on the 2nd day, I didnt know I need to register, until I went to another campus where I am suppose to be having lesson. The dept assistant was gd, she brought me back to the main campus to do registration. And I was so shocked to realise that I need to run around the campus to go to different depts to get the registration stamps from them. After that, She brought me to the Immigration agency to change my visa, and help me to inscribe a stamp. In taiwan, they won't recognize signature, all docs have to be endorsed by a stamp. I can only get my Resident card 14 days later and apply for a phone line.

Frankly speaking, I have been living in tears, even when I walked on the street, having my meal, sleeping, talking on the phone with my family members, was wondering whether I am having depression. Now then I realised I can be so vulnerable. I didnt even tell my family members about it, do not want to make them worry.

But I thank God for watching over me, and sending people along the way to help me. Though I fly to taiwan on 20th, but I was staying overnite at Yee Bee's sister house, and I thank God for that coz if I really travel to my campus in the nite, I have no place to sleep as there is no mattress, and the room was EXTREMELY dusty as if it has been unused for a few years. I am not joking, the dust on the floor was more than an inch high when swept. And the 1st nite, I
slept with a mask on. Even until now, the room is not entirely clean.

I also thank God for giving me encouraging and helpful classmates and teachers. Though I am losing total confidence in myself, but i told myself that I have to hang on.

On the 1st nite doing my devotion, God spoke to me in Hebrews chpt 10, talking about Faith. Yes indeed, I have no one to trust and depend on, except God. He has brought me so far from Spore to Taiwan, and I have to trust that He will watch over me, and He is always ahead of me. Though I been having permisstic thoughts, God always reminded me to trust in Him. I am still learning to be strong.

Though in your eyes, my situation may appear to be a minor one, but i am losing confidence day after day. I kindly seek your prayers that u will continue to pray for me:
1)To be able to adjust to the life in Taiwan.
2)Having the wisdom to deal with life and academic difficulties
3)Able to find a suitable church for worship
4)Room mates will be helpful and will be able to get along with.
5)Still having problems with the adminstration matters. Need to settle by Mar.
Pray that NIE will be willing to verify my cert and transcript ASAP and allow
my brother to appeal on my behalf.
6)Able to have gd nite sleep everyday. Have not been sleeping for 2 days due to
the noise in the toilet and corridor. My room is just next to the toilet.
7)To continue to trust in God and bring back my confidence in my daily life and
studies.

Thanks for praying with me.

In Him we trust,
Jutina

No comments: