Friday, June 15, 2007

朋友对父亲的悼念


30-0-07 Goodbye Uncle Loh

Marks the day when a really good man passed on.
Enabaled closures and new opening for each of us.
A retrospective 4 days. That brought us alot closer.
The final chance for me to see him, give thanks and repay for what kindness he's ever given me..
It brought alot of insight about death, religion, family and friends.
And i'm proud to say i consider them my second immediate family. And good men and women whom i consider more as siblings than friends.
Funerals it seems to me i more about the living than the dead. And how it brings the family into a next level.
How relationshipties are forged, tightened or proven in the test ot time..
I will miss you Uncle Loh. For the good man you were, the good father you were.
Its funny how i never truely cherished or take time to spend more time knowing him.
He's always an assumed existence in the house. Food on the table. Funny jokes. All the laughter and joking.
I remember him asking for me on a night when i didn't turn up at the hospital ward when i used to stay with them. Today it justified that people have somewhat always considered me their family somehow.
And how i wish i had the same brother/sister-hood with my own siblings.
I iwsh i had managed to make my wanting to bring the whole family out for dinner. Its too late now..
THAT the excuse 'NO TIME' is really what we thought.
TOO LATE only happens when its really 'Too Late'.

In Remembrance (29th May - 2nd June)

No comments: